Summarized from the EFCA Statement of Faith
- We believe the God of the Bible is Creator, Lord, and Master of all created things. He is the only true God, and must be submitted to and followed.
- We believe the Bible is God’s Word communicated and recorded through human authors. It contains all we need to know about God, and for life.
- We believe all people are created in God’s image, but that image is broken as a result of sin, leaving all of us in need of restoration.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He was sent to live among mankind. He lived without sin, yet was crucified upon a cross by the will of God, for the sins of mankind. He didn’t stay dead. He rose from death, defeating sin and it’s consequences, making a way for those who place their faith in Him to receive eternal life with God.
- We believe that God sent the Holy Spirit to dwell among His people, the Church, to convict us of sin, empower us for life, and hold us to Himself until the return of Jesus Christ.
- We believe the Church is the family of God and the place where the Holy Spirit displays the power and glory of God and the reality of Jesus Christ, through the life and actions of His followers.
- We believe Jesus’ followers must be involved in the local church in order to properly worship God, grow as people, and effectively love our neighbors, city, state, nation, and world.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will return, calling those who have put their faith in Him to dwell in Heaven with God forever; while simultaneously sending those who have rejected the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ to spend eternity separated from God, their creator, in Hell.