UPDATE: Our renovation process is currently on hold due to COVID-19. We will prayerfully reevaluate our plans when this time passes and the dust settles. Thank you for your support and prayer.
From 1946 to 2019, our mission and vision have centered around Jesus’ love for St. Louis Park and the surrounding communities. This chapter of our church’s journey is no different. We’re asking you to join us in this building renovation campaign by praying God’s kingdom come, His will be done, at Park as it is in heaven.
Thank you to all who have pledged so generously! It’s not too late to be a part of Building for Community at Park.
Through the renovation of our building, our objective is to create space in which our growing church family can foster a greater sense of community. Our vision is to accomplish this through:
Functionality. We desire to maximize our strengths of community and hospitality by supplementing our warm welcome with an equally welcoming, accessible and functional church facility.
Family. For the safety and growth of our children and families, we desire to create a space for kids ministry in which the next generation can feel secure and thrive as they learn to become disciples of Jesus Christ.
Future. In preparation for the future, we desire to invest in our building by improving its overall structure and aesthetics while bringing it up to compliance with city code.
Phase One = $1,600,000
- Open up the main level to create a space that will help foster community, including fellowship space near the sanctuary, rear-entry into the sanctuary, new bathrooms and a “Connections Room” on the southside of the sanctuary
- Create a safe, secure and welcoming KidsPark check-in
- Sanctuary improvements and alterations
- Re-grade parking lot ($100,000)
- Bring our building up to code compliance with city regulations ($750,000)
Phase Two = $800,000
- Update lower-level bathrooms and finishes
- Update Alfors Hall to be a more welcoming and functional multipurpose room
Phase Three = $200,000
- Increase office space and functionality
Our primary needs for this step of the journey are two-fold.
- We need our church family to collectively pray for God’s will to be done at Park. More than any particular result regarding building renovations, we long for our church family to be in line with God’s will for our church and city.
- To accomplish our building renovations plan, we’re seeking to raise $1,600,000 – $2,500,000 with three-year commitments from our church family. Please join us in praying that God would bring clarity to the decision of if and how you might contribute.